Saturday, June 28, 2014

Minnie Mouse crochet hat

My family was in Walt Disney World about a week ago, and I am missing it so bad.  The sights, the smells, the sounds, the rides, the parades...I wish I was still there.  Since I am in such a Disney mood, I thought I would share a little Minnie Mouse crochet hat I made a while back.  I made this for our a trip we took around the holidays. Because December/January nights can be a little chilly, I thought a beanie hat would be perfect - but an ordinary hat just won't do when you are in the house of the Mouse!  So I added a couple of ears and a polka dot bow.



I didn't use a single pattern for the hat. Instead I just pieced it together from different ideas and portions of patterns. I used this video pattern from iheatstitching to make the beanie.  To make ears I  made 4 crochet circles - 2 for each ear. I then cut 2 circles from plastic stitching canvas to go inside each ears. This will keep them from becoming droopy (that could be the name of the 8th Dwarf!). I sandwiched the plastic canvas circles between 2 crochet circles, then stitch it together all the way around using a yarn needle.  Not sure how to crochet a circle? There a LOTS of YouTube videos that will show you how.  Make them as big or as small as you like.  The bow can be any style you like. There are about a million crochet bows on Pinterest, so just pick the one you like and whip it up - then add some polka dots. The polka dots on my bow are made by adding yarn french knots.  When you have all the pieces, assemble it all together with a yarn needle for a complete Minnie Mouse hat!

1 comment:

  1. Shut the front door!!! Genius!! I love this, great work!!!

    ReplyDelete